Wednesday, December 29, 2010

tears drop at paediatric unit, HUKM...

I end up (almost..though few days more left..) 2010 with unexpected experience that melt my heart. Last week, I received invitation from Green House to join their Pyramid Project at HUKM. Clearly, I don't have any idea what it is all about..I thought, it is good to go out from office and have some fun. Media Prima will bring few celebrities...sure it will be fun...(though I can't recognise few of them!!)

So to HUKM we went yesterday, En Hkimi, Dell and I and the rest . Then everything getting clearer over there, actually SC*** and Media Prima donated 8 units of LCD TV to the pediatric unit. During the ceremony, I saw lots of kids...anak-anak yang kurang sihat, few of them baru habis chemotherapy session, they all getting bold and weak but still they can smile, behind their cute face mask. Some of them looks like very happy kids, but underneath their t-shirt tubes n wires sticking out from their stomach, 1 of them there is hole under their chin and they all bellow 6 years old!
Amir..

I met this one kakak with her 4 years old son Amir who has suffered from serious epilepsy since he was 3-4 months old. His epilepsy has damaged part of his brain, he can't speak and stand, walk . In other words he is not like normal 4 years old kid. Kakak start telling me the story about Amir. She actually adopted Amir from Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat. After been married for 15 years with no kids, kakak n her husband decided to adopted a boy. Then they've met Amir, a boy who has been born outside of wedlock. His original parent were IPTA student. Maybe now both of his parent have graduated but they decided not to raise Amir. Kakak said, when she first adopted Amir, he was a healthy baby, but Allah want to test them, one day while she was bathing Amir, he turn blue then everything started since then...

But, during my conversation with kakak..I can't sense any regrets, any dissapointment or any sadness. She looks calm, happy and she loves Amir very much. Her husband just normal penjaja, but still she looks .....like nothing big deal. In fact her final words before we say goodbye really touch my heart.."Nasib baik ibu bapa dia hantar kat Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat ada lah rezeki akak nak besarkan Amir, nasib baik dia orang tak buang Amir merata-rata....agak2nya kalau ditakdirkan ibu bapa dia yang jaga Amir, mungkin dia orang pun tak tahan nak tengok Amir yang sentiasa sakit mcm ni, agaknya sebab tu Allah temukan akak dengan Amir..."

get well soon, dear....

My tears broke when I met this little Chinese girl. She's been warded since 15 Dec, and when I asked her why she is here she said "Doctor said my blood count very low, and I am very weak." Gosh!! she looks like Naqeesya, and she told me that she is going to school next week but she's not sure which school she will be going. I pat her back holding back my tears as I know, probably she unable to attend the school next week. She just smile and she said she went to kinder garden but she always absence since she's not well.

Across her bed, I saw one little girl, sitting alone in her cage like bed. A nurse told me that she is from Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat, she's been abandoned, She is OKU, she is sick and alone. Then nurse told me there are babies over there which have been abandoned at Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat and now they are not well.

I can't hold back my tears any longer.....I just move back, I can't stand to hear anymore stories from the nurse about them...It just so sad to look at those beautiful faces, abandoned and very sick.

Ya Allah, please blessed them, sihatkan tubuh badan mereka and assist them to be very good khalifah, and permudahkan urusan kehidupan mereka. Amin....

No comments: